Shopify and WordPress are oftentimes declared as the best websites for e-commerce. Most people find it difficult to choose between the right one to use for e-commerce between these two.
Truth is, each of these come with its own merits and demerits. When it comes to areas like content archiving and management, WordPress is inarguably the better choice. But in terms of personal exploration and learning, Shopify is considered a better choice. This is where the big question arises. Between Shopify and WordPress, which is preferable for e-commerce?
You’d agree with us that there are probably a thousand and more answers to this question. In this article, we’ll explore Shopify and WordPress as well as their qualities so we can ascertain the better of these two.
- SEO: SEO is one of the most important features in a website. It is SEO that would help your online store or blog grow rapidly through organic followers and searches. You should totally consider SEO whenever you want to delve into e-commerce. WordPress has top-notch SEO options. Not only do you get better suggestions, it also points out your SEO errors to you. It has been proven that better SEO would help you reach a wider audience across the globe. Shopify’s SEO features are great, but they’re not as good as that of WordPress. It is less organized, and it doesn’t contain as many features as that of WordPress. If you’re big on SEO quality, you should totally go for WordPress. It has the best SEO features you’d ever wish for.
- Popularity: Do you know that about one-third of the world’s websites are built using WordPress? If you want a website builder with a large user base, you should go for WordPress. WorldPress’ fame is well spread across the globe. This is largely due to the great features it offers. Another reason that makes WordPress a popular choice is its free features. You can try virtually everything that comes with WordPress for free. This free version of WordPress is available for a very long time. Within this time, you’d be able to explore it as much as you want. This offer is very limited on Shopify.
- DIY And Learning Curve: Shopify is the preferable platform for beginners and novices in website building and e-commerce. Shopify is so simplified that you wouldn’t have a hard time even if you’re a beginner. Also, Shopify lets you ditch simple rules and just go on with what you want instead. Shopify makes room for DIY, and its flexible learning curve makes it all easier for you. Little wonder a lot of beginners often make their first foray into e-commerce with Shopify. Another fascinating thing about Shopify is its sweet flexibility. Flexibility is an effective tool in self learning. WordPress has a much more complicated learning curve compared to Shopify. In fact, beginners are advised to begin e-commerce with Shopify instead of WordPress. You may find WordPress quite complicated to use if you’re a total novice in website building. Also, WordPress is more rigid, and it doesn’t really allow for a lot of exploration and DIY. It’s all prim and proper.
- Security: If you want a secured e-commerce store, you should totally go for Shopify. Shopify’s security system is top notch, and you wouldn’t have to worry about the least security issues. The security is also very responsive to even the smallest complaints. They fix up your complaints in a very short time. Amazing customer service! With WordPress, you’ll have to be responsible for a very large percentage of your site security. Bugs, failures, and all other things are all on you. You’d have to update your site regularly so as to keep it fast and safe. WordPress’ sites are also much easier to hack than Shopify’s. Improper site management with WordPress makes your site susceptible to a myriad of dangers.
- Easier Management And Control: WordPress’ sites are very easy to manage and control. This is largely due to its well defined features and management options. Mind you, this doesn’t in any way imply that WordPress is very rigid for e-commerce; rather it simply means WordPress doesn’t make room for flexibilities that may cause a disruption to the overall build of the site. Shopify on the other hand is not as well defined as WordPress. What it lacks in perfect organisation, it has in flexibility and better user-friendly interface.
- Multiple Operations: WordPress trumps Shopify in this area. It is way more convenient and faster to manage a website and a shop with WordPress when compared with one with Shopify. WordPress allows for multiple operations without clumsiness setting in. Although Shopify seems to be more sophisticated and all, the fact remains that clumsiness and low speed is likely to set in when you indulge in a lot of activities on your site. This is why we advise you to weigh the kind of e-commerce store you want as well as the number and type of activities you’d be engaging in before you settle for WordPress or Shopify.
- Customer-Owner Relationship: Shopify clearly has a better customer-owner relationship when compared with WordPress. The owner in this context simply refers to the body managing WordPress and Shopify. The management body of Shopify is very efficient and smart in replying to user complaints. You can easily reach them via mails, live chats and even phone calls! The management body of WordPress does not compare favourably to this. This is where the ball falls into your court, and you are left to make the decision. If you’re very keen on a close relationship with the management, go for Shopify!
To be laconic, WordPress and Shopify both have very glaring merits and demerits. One is very efficient in one area, and the other isn’t at all. To maximize what they both offer, you have to take your time and carefully peruse through the good and the bad sides. Doing this will help you make the best decision as to what e-commerce builder you should make use of. Yes, this is the truth about Shopify and WordPress.But Shopify now days more demanding as because its easy to user and maintain and easily management via admin also.